Sometimes it is important and a need to block some people in order to stop them from bugging you. With these advance devices that are cell phones, there has been an increase in people bothering others through text messages by spam texting them.
The reason to block people is so they cannot contact you on the cell phone, there is a proper method to go about blocking unwanted texts or people.
It may not sound as simple but in reality blocking someone on cell phone is very easy. Blocking someone can differ from the devices that they are using. Different operating systems have different methods. The method to block someone who may be becoming a problem can vary even from different model of mobile phones!
The user has 2 ways to block someone that may be torturing them with unwanted texts:
- Through the carrier
- Through the mobile device you are using
Blocking someone basically means that you don’t want to hear from them. There can be multiple reasons for blocking someone. The basic reason people have while blocking someone is that they do not know the person and that person is harassing them through unwanted calls and texts.
The other reasons may include having a fight with someone and blocking them and blocking people for the reason of security.
In case you are not aware of the procedure of blocking someone’s texts and calls, this article will be very useful for this purpose. This highlights the ways and provides you with the steps that one has to follow in order to block unwanted and spam text messages. Such texts take up a lot of space of your mobile devices.
- Android devices such as Google, Samsung, HTC, and etc
- Specific carriers including AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, and Verizon.
How to Block Text Messages on the Android devices
Android system is widely use all around the world, people using these devices have the problem of getting spam texts and calls from various numbers and carriers. They have the full authority to block any such numbers that are spamming them.
Blocking the sender through the carriers have some charges attached to it but blocking these texts from the mobile device does not affect their balance.
Android operating system have a lot of apps that are developed by the developers for the purpose of blocking such messages in case the mobile does not have this feature pre-installed
There are different companies that are using android system.
These companies include:
HTC, Samsung, Huawei.
How to block Text Messages on the Huawei, Samsung and HTC Devices!
These devices have pre-installed blocking system for the convenience of their users. The blocking methods of these devices are somewhat similar to each other.
- The first thing you need to do is to open the messenger app from the android device.
- The second step is to tap on the icon that is present at the top right corner of the device.
- The icon is of three dotted lines.
- Now you have to click the icon that is three dots present at the top right of your screen display.
- Click on the setting option from the drop down that was opened from tapping on the dotted button.
- All that you simply need to do right now is to enter the number you want to block in the bar that is present.
- You also have the option to select Inbox and from there block conversations from your Messages that you don’t want.
- Similarly you can block contacts by going to the contact app from the mobile and select the contact that you want to be blocked.
- One you select the contact, you can simply click on the block button that will be available at the bottom of the contact profile.
- By these steps you can get rid of any unwanted texts that you have on your device and get rid of the stress that is caused by these texts!
Blocking Text Messages on your iPhone
IPhone uses a different operating device that differentiates its working from the android devices and hence, the way to block unwanted texts and spam texts is different than the other operating systems and devices that use those systems. Its not drastically different but slightly different.
IPhone has two ways to block texts! The first one is blocking through IMessages and the second is blocking the carrier messages.
IMessages are online messages that are only sent to someone having an Apple device.
- If you wish to block messages on Imessage,all you need to do is open the IMesage app from your iPhone device by clicking on the messages icon.
- Once you have opened the app, you have to go to the contacts or the conversations you wish to block.
- The next step is that you have to click on the sender’s profile that you can do by clicking on the senders name on your iPhone device Note: This applies to the iPhone 8 and iPhone X using version 10.3.3 and up. On older iPhones using an earlier operating system, their icon may read out as “Details” but is still located at the top right corner of the display.
- The next step that you have to undertake over here to search for the option of block this caller rom the option that are available on your screen.
- If you get a hold of it, simply click on the tab that says Block this Caller.
- Once you have clicked on the block option for the specific caller, the caller is blocked.
Blocking Spam Text Messages Carriers
If the above provided options don’t work for you or you don’t want to adopt the above mentioned ways, you have another option that is blocking the unwanted caller through your carrier provider, doing this by this way, of your mobile carrier, you can completely block the number. By this way you can completely block all the sources of communication from that specific sender.
- Blocking texts through carriers are easy. All you have to do is make the service provider a call.
- You will be connected with their representatives.
- Different carriers have different numbers through which you can connect to them.
- Once your call is through, tell them your concern and the number that you want to block the texts from.
- They will handle the rest.