If you are a millennial or even someone from the generation x then you are fully aware of what is needed for you to become a social media personality. It’s not just something you become overnight. It’s a brand that you need to It’s on and the only way you can Brand Yourself is if you realize how to appease the followers and also the majority of the public. See, the issue is that branding only works properly if you have a following and a majority of the masses wants to know about you.
Social media is a great outlet for not only your own personal branding but also business and career branding. See, social media spread throughout all careers and though some may like to shun that kind of energy away from themselves and some may just want to make sure that the work environment s kept “professional” to their standards but the important thing to acknowledge is that social media is great with marketing and PR. Not only does social media act as a medium which can help get your message across but also helps you get access to a lot of your contacts and partners through the medium. All you need to do is show, on social media, that your profile is professional and that you are a serious person who is committing to a job that they really want.
What Does Brand Yourself Mean?
Now, this is a great question. What does it actually mean when you say that you want to brand yourself on social media. See, the thing is that when you are on the internet the other person or the other party cannot see the real you. So, the only way they actually get to contact you is through the medium of the internet and they do that when they see your profile or your social media account and then, based on that they try and figure out if they want to get in touch with you.
If you are aiming to get a serious and mature audience to invest and help you in your business and your social media accounts portray you as being immature then no one will be willing to invest and help you get what you want to get. Which is a loan? When you brand yourself, you are portraying an image of yourself that is going to help you secure more targeted followers and more contacts based on your content.
It’s a collected and lam way of organizing the things you need and want and putting them in places that will help you achieve a public persona. When you brand yourself all you need to do is first clear your head and decide what you wish to be and then try and portray that image on the screen.
How Can You Brand Yourself?
So, in this part of the article, I will be helping you understand how you a become a famous person online and get connected with celebrities and many other people from other walks of life according to you that will help build your career and increase your profession. All you need to do is think it through and this articles here to help you go through it. So, this is what you need to be doing:
- You need to keep updating your social media. If your social media is not updated when there is no point even reading this article. It’s the first step. If you want to become a successful person in whatever internet based profession you want to be a part of you needs to be updated. If you aren’t updated then it will and can show that you are not serious about figuring out and understand the ways of the internet world.
- Think about the target audience. If your content is aimed at the young generation then your content needs to be updated according to their wavelength. This is simply because if you don’t appease your target audience then you will lose their interest and if you lose their interest then you will be losing a lot of your following and that will decrease your brand acknowledgment.
- Also, go toward the social media platforms that generate the most followers. By this of course it is meant that you need to follow your clients on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram because these three social media sites are the fastest growing sites where you can connect with multiple people from different part of the world and no one can be judged based on reality and more on the social brand that you have of yourself. Make sure it’s perfect.
- So, you connected with people on social media and now they are your friend on this informal platform. From here if they are interested they would want to connect with you on a more professional site where it isn’t that informal and you don’t have pictures of animal or family. These lead you to have a professional working mature website that offers an insight into your work ethic and just the way you wish to carry your business.
- Be someone who can converse about anything. Branding yourself is all about connecting with people and building up a reputation for yourself that will help you become the face of your own brand. For that, you need to have a great conversational skill and amazing negotiation abilities. Communication is the key to a successful business. Conversation and money.
- Build a great and faithful relationship with your followers. See these people need to trust you and really believe in you to help you achieve your goal. If you are not being a good person to them or are not being trustworthy then they will not support you. Be efficient and be effective in relations with a client whereas you may have met online but meet them in person and charm them in person so that they know that the person they are talking to is someone who understands them.
These are just some of the ways you can help brand yourself and become a social media phenomenon.
What Happens If You Can’t Brand Yourself?
This is also a very valid question. What happens if you can’t brand yourself but are really into the business. What happens is that sometimes you have the idea and the great business plan but the only thing holding you back is the simple fact that it is hard to be social apt in media every day and with every single person. Sometimes you just don’t have the patience or even have the time to talk to people who don’t understand. It is hard for someone who is not comfortable with technology to just suddenly do all that. So, there is a solution for it.
What you can do is hire a PR person that will help you deal with all the social media mess. All you need to do is just make sure that you keep in check all the thing that they are posting about you online because eating the end of the day it if your face on the brand and not theirs, an if they screw up or make an impression that resonates badly with the public then your brand will be compromised and you would want that now would you.
Downside of Having to Brand Yourself
Just like every idea and every amazing phenomenon has ups and downs this does too. Branding yourself is a great social media PR and marketing scheme but this scheme can also be the cause of your downfall if you aren’t careful. If you have put out your brand as a very strict rule by rule brand that has specifications to it and the brand is followed upon by those specifications then it can be and can cause problems.
Why do you ask? Well to put it simply the public and the masses will get bored of your brand and would want to be associated with a brand that doesn’t grow. What you need to do is make sure that your brand and you have the tendency to grow and mature because everyone hates an arrogant person and you would want to brand yourself as a person who refuses to change. So, be creative.
Be a confident person and accept change. At the same time, be true to your values and follow those values because your loyal followers are the one who has stuck it out with you from the beginning when you had absolutely nothing. So be humble, and work hard to put out an image of yourself that can be appreciated by new and old followers and an image that you can back and up and be proud of even after many years have passed.
At the end of this article, it would be stated that this articles main purpose was to help you understand the complexities of branding yourself as an internet personality and help you understand how you can connect with people online and not feel like it is forced. There are alternative options to it but in this day and age, it is better to be someone who has the expertise to do what needs to be done.