How do you make everyone in your circle know what you’re up to and what your life is like? Do you message them all individually or do you have regular meet and greets where you can update them? Most probably neither, right? In this day and age, people don’t talk with each other directly, they use social media platforms, such as Instagram, to do the talking for them. Whether it’s through statuses or pictures, your whole life is available for your friends and family to peruse at their leisure. But, there are other reasons to use social media platforms too; you can grow your brand, make a mark in the market and the general population, or become a social media star. For all that, you need to know how to make your profile stand out. If we talk about Instagram, the first thing you should know is how to center Instagram bio.
Why would you need to center Instagram bio though? For a start, a centered bio catches the audience’s eye. Your message is brought to the forefront for all your followers and potential followers. Some people their center Instagram bio because they believe it looks more pleasing, while others do it because it grabs the attention of anyone looking at the profile. Instagram users are familiar with the limited control they have over customizing their profiles; there is only so much you can do to make your profile stand out. But, the ability to center Instagram bio is something you can use to your advantage.
How to Center Instagram Bio
Decided to center your Instagram bio but can’t figure out how? Centering it is easy, but you need to know exactly what to do because simply adding spaces won’t give you a nice enough finished product. Don’t worry, we have here exactly what you need to figure out how to center your bio.
- To start with, access your Instagram profile, preferably the Windows version instead of on your phone.
- Then, on your profile page, click the “Edit Profile” button besides your Username.
- On the settings page, go to box that says “Bio”.
- Now, enter your Bio in this box.
- After that, copy the space between these arrows: >⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀< (make sure to copy only the spaces between the arrows and not the arrows themselves).
- Paste the spaces before each line of your bio in the box.
- Once you have pasted the spaces, use your spacebar key to adjust the shape and center it according to your preference. You can also adjust the spaces to stagger your bio if you do not want to center it.
- When you’re done with the editing, click the “Submit” button at the bottom of the page to save your bio.
Should You Center or Stagger Your Bio?
Now, there is a difference in opinion when it comes to centering or staggering your Instagram bio. Some people like the uniform appearance of a centered bio, while others find a staggered bio to be more appealing. The ultimate decision lies with you. You have to figure out the style you like, what your followers would prefer and what would complement your content. For instance, a staggered bio looks good if you have clean statements, and only three to four of them; more than that start to look awkward. It’s not just about the quantity of words and statements, you need to consider the content as well; for instance, giving your contact information in a staggered bio looks weird and unprofessional. This is especially true if one of the later statements is shorter than the earlier ones.
A centered bio, on the other hand, can work really well for highlighting your contact information. What you really have to think about, at the end of the day, is how you would like to present your bio and your profile to your followers; which information you would like to highlight and how.
When You Should Avoid Centering Your Bio
You may think you’d do well to center Instagram bio every single time, but they don’t always work. There are times when you’d be better off just avoiding centering your bio and going with a simple format. The things you need to be careful about when you decide to center your bio include:
- The text breaks up due to centered bios. You have to consider what exactly you want to put in your bio, because centering it would mean breaking its flow and making it harder to read. If your bio consists of long lines, centering it would require forcing it into separate lines, which might not work well. It could end up making your bio look awkward. You should only center Instagram bio if the statements are short and can be put into separate lines without breaking the flow.
- The view on desktop doesn’t always work. You need to consider whether you care about your centered bio’s view more for phone users or desktop users. Centered bios often don’t look as well on desktop as they do on mobile phone screens. However, this is rarely an issue since most Instagram users check the platform through their phones.
- Limited characters. Instagram bio allows only a limited number of characters; 160 to be exact. This limit isn’t restricted to just letters and numbers, spaces count towards the character limit as well. So, you need to figure out how many characters your bio consists of and how many of the remaining characters you can use for spaces.
It’s About More than Just Centering Your Bio
Making sure your profile stands out on Instagram takes a lot of work and effort. You need to research what exactly your followers are looking for, and how you can fit your brand to their expectations. For that, you have to experiment. Knowing how to center Instagram bio is just a very small step; you have to know what bio works best for your profile as well. Why? Because your bio is the first impression your followers get; it’s the gateway to your profile and your posts.
So, to get your message across and make sure potential followers are hooked from the moment they open your profile, you have to make your bio unique and inviting. To do that, you have to first think about what image you want to portray to your followers; who you want them to see you as. Do you want to be seen as a funny individual who relies on humor to make their point? Or as a creative, artsy type who relies on mystery and intrigue? Do you want your bio to be professional, with your contact information, or friendly and quirky with a little insight into your life? Once you have that figured out, you can use some of the following tips to make sure your bio is as unique as your posts:
- Use emojis. Using emojis can seem informal and somewhat childish even, but emojis can be a great way to add some flair to your profile. The kind of emojis you use, whether they’re the cutesy kind or the simpler ones like letters, show a lot about what brand you’re selling. This is especially true when you have a limited number of characters to write your bio in. You may not be able to say everything you want to through an emoji, but it can say a lot more than a word could.
- Use line breaks and spacing. We have already talked about the use of spaces to center or stagger your Instagram bio, but there is a lot more you can do with spaces and line breaks. Using line breaks can help break your bio into smaller chunks of information, which are often easier for people to read and digest. It also allows you to highlight the important points in your bio. Just make sure that you format it appropriately according to the device you expect most of your followers to be using.
- Make use of hashtags. Create hashtags specific to your brand and encourage people to upload posts with that hashtag so you can regram them. This will increase the interaction of your followers with your profile and allow you to showcase your own popularity through the images.
- Have a call to action. Once an individual is on your profile, what do you want them to do? Where do you want them to go from there? Having a call to action will help determine that. Whether you want to redirect users to a website where they can buy products or simply lead them to your Facebook page, make sure you include it in your bio.
- Add your contact information. If you want your followers to connect with you in a professional capacity, you need to be sure to include your contact information, such as your email address, so they can reach out to you.
- Include your operating hours. If you have a business with specific hours, you would do well to include these hours in your Instagram bio to make it easier to find for your followers or people who search the business profile.
- Highlight your unique points. Your bio is the perfect way to highlight what makes you special and unique. Anything that makes you stand out from your competitors is a great way to sell yourself and should be included in your bio.