Hello again, I’m here to help you and make you understand more about the complicated world of social media and mainly Instagram. Why do you ask? Well, I need the money and as a millennial, I can so very easily explain to you do you ask specific social media and understand it in a way that the generation X doesn’t understand. Instagram Videos and Instagram Pictures are all the rave in today’s agenda and I am here to help you.
These days everything is digitalized, from news to entertainment and to anything that you can possibly imagine. All you need to do is get access to the internet, then get access to the app and then register and start using it. In this article, the focus is going to be on Instagram Stories and explaining to you and finally squashing the rumors about Instagram and Snapchat copying each other. What do you have to do know? Well, it very simple and very clear. All you need to do is follow this article so that you can understand the concept clearly.
What Are Instagram Stories?
The main question that everyone is asking and everyone wants to know is what is Instagram stories and are they copying snapshot in the stories game. Well, to answer the first question, Instagram recently released a new feature where you can upload small video up to your storyline where your followers can see them. It is like a slideshow that consists of your photos and videos that your followers can see whenever they log onto Instagram. This also prevents you from going through the entire process of actually uploading a video or actually a picture.
This will help you in making short slideshows that can be formatted to your liking and then you can also use different filters and different effects to make your Instagram stories more relatable and fun. These stories will stay for 24 hours on your timeline and will be available for all to see, but after 24 hours it will get updated and you can start a new storyline.
How to Use Instagram Stories
So, by now you must be wondering what needs to be done to actually get this feature on your Instagram account. Well, you need not worry since I am here to help you understand easily and understand perfectly. I want to help you figure out the way in a very simple manner. So here we go:
- Now, what you need to do first is log into your Instagram account.
- Once you have logged in you will need to see the top of the Instagram page where the picture is available.
- You will notice the camera logo or icon on the top bar of your phone.
- If you don’t see it then please do update your app so that you can get the new story feature.
- Once you have done that and clicked on the icon you will then see it open up your camera.
- Take a picture by pressing the round figure in the middle on the bottom of the page.
- If you want to make a story then you will need to keep pressing on the round icon and continue for about 1 minute.
Instagram has also added many features including a double tap for getting and liking a picture and a video. You can also just click once on the photo to get to comment on other people’s photos and videos. You can send a message by just tapping on the arrow bar on your right when visiting the page.
How do You Actually Follow through On the Step-By-Step Process?
Now, if you want to see someone else’s story all you need to do is just go to the bar on the top of your Instagram page and click on the circular tabs and then go through all of them one by one or go through with them by swiping left or right depending on what you desire.
So, what if you want to make an Instagram story? Well, do not worry since the main aim of this article is to help you understand and make it easier for you to actually get access. This is how you need to go about with this situation:
- Firstly, either you can swipe left on your screen to be taken to the camera roll or press on the small plus button on the left of your Instagram page that will take you directly to the camera.
- Once you see that you are free to use the camera and make a video, that I what you need to do. Follow through with it and then proceed to the new step.
- Once you are done with video or picture you will see a variety of features that you can use to edit and change your videos and pictures. You can draw on them and add text that will help you change it the way you want to change.
- It also offers you different sources like, pens, color and paints that will provide you with a color palette so you can use your imagination fully.
- When you are done with all that you can click on “Done” and then the story will automatically be saved in your timeline.
- And then, if you want to share your story with everyone else then all you need to do is follow through and click on the Checkmark button.
How is This Useful?
Well, the first question that comes to mind is why is this necessary and why is it so important that an article is being written on it? Well, to put it simply it’s the sign of the time, see what I did here, I’m also a fan of Harry Styles, carrying on, we live in an age where technology is everything and the connection with other humans is expanded through the medium of social media and apps such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
This is basically for your followers and to make people that you follow and people that follow you to see what you guys are doing in your everyday life and to stay connected. All you need to do is be punctual and just know that whatever you post will stay on the internet for only 24 hours since no one can download this.
Another feature that is provided and is helpful is that you can make it private and make sure that the only people who see your stories are the ones you want to see. It’s in your control and it is in your hand. You can block people if you want and you can connect with people you want. It up to you and the choice is yours.
Did Instagram Copy Snapchat?
Now the question of the decade. Did Instagram copy snapchat and why? The actual answer will never be known and you’ll probably never find it out because it is hard to get in touch with Instagram and snapchat officials but here is the take of the article. The simple fact is that yes, Instagram and snapchat have a similar feature that is offering its users the freedom of seconds of videos and pictures to upload for 24 hours and then disappear act. What this means is that these two giants will be competing for years to come and that this completion only means that it will get better for the users.
By this, I mean that the more competitive they are the more features they will provide you and thus more freedom to change and edit your picture/video. With all that being said there are some differences.
- So, clearly, the one major difference is that Instagram stories are easier to use. And snapchat stories are harder but only for those who missed the starting and the launching of snapchat.
- The varying swipes and working method of snapchat are different and varied from that of Instagram stories.
Apart from that, yes, they are similar and yes, they have a lot of the same features and filters but the one thing that makes sit differently is that Instagram offers more than just instant videos and filtered pictures. It also offers a great way to get in touch with celebrities and family at the same time.
So, in conclusion to this article, snapchat and Instagram may have copied and may not have copied, we really shouldn’t care as users since you are going to get great filters a feature out of this. Also, Instagram stories are very easy to use with little to no major problem and it doesn’t get your phone stuck or hang up.
So, this is all from us to you and I hope that I was able to help you understand and become a more free and avid user of Instagram stories. If you still have any question the link will be provided, don’t worry and if there is still doubt, just search on it more and you will find amazing help since this is the internet and the internet is the best.