The Notes app that comes pre-installed on every iPhone may not work properly so what actually iphone notes app is.
Creating and Editing Notes
Creating a basic note in the iphone Notes app is easy. Just follow these steps:
- Tap the Notes app to open it.
- Tap the icon in the bottom right corner that looks like a pencil and a piece of paper.
- Start typing using the onscreen keyboard.
- Your changes are automatically saved. When you’re done typing, tap done.
- That creates a pretty basic note. You can make the note more visually appealing, or more organized, by adding formatting to the text. Here’s how:
- Tap the Aa button to reveal the text-formatting options (this is in iOS 11. If you’re running iOS 10, you’ll need to tap the + icon just above the keyboard first).
- Here, you can select different font styles and sizes, adding bulleted and numbered lists or indent or outdent text.
- Alternatively, you can select a word or block of text (using the standard text-selection technique on the iPhone) and in the pop-up menu tap the BIU button to bold, italicize, underline, or strikethrough the selected text.
Other formatting options include:
Tables (iOS 11 and up): Tap the grid icon to insert a table, and then tap the … button on the top or side of the table to edit the row or column. Tap into a table cell to add content to it.
Checklists: Check out the section on checklists later in this article.
To edit an existing note, open Notes and tap the one you want on the Notes list. When it opens, tap the note to bring up the keyboard.
Attaching Photos & Videos to Notes
Iphone Notes app lets you attach all kinds of other files to a note. Here’s how to do it.
Attaching a Photo or Video to a Note
Begin by opening the Note you want to add the photo or video to.
Tap the body of the note so the options above the keyboard appear.
Tap the + icon (in iOS 10, tap the camera icon)
In the menu that pops up, tap Take Photo or Video to capture a new item or tap Photo Library to select an existing file
If you chose Take Photo or Video, the camera app opens. Take the photo or video, and then tap Use Photo
If you chose Photo Library, browse your Photos app and tap the photo or video you want to attach. Then tap Choose.
The photo or video is added to the note, where you can view or play it.
Iphone Notes app includes a feature that lets you scan documents and save them in Notes. This is especially good for saving receipts or other documents. To scan a document in Notes:
In an open Note, tap +.
In the pop-up menu, tap Scan Documents.
Tap the camera button to scan.
The document is surrounded by a white outline. Use the circle icons at the corners of the outline to move the lines to trace the edges of the document.
You can either retake the scan or Keep Scan.
If you tap Keep Scan, on the next screen tap Save.
The scanned document is then added to the Note.
To see a list of all attachments you’ve added to your notes, follow these steps:
Tap the Notes app to open it.
From the Notes list, tap the four squares icon in the bottom left.
This displays all attachments by type: photo and video, map, etc. Tap the attachment you want to view.
To see the note that it is attached to, tap Show in Note in the top right corner.
Organizing Notes into Folders
If you’ve got a lot of notes, or just like to keep your life very organized, you can create folders in Notes. These folders can live on your iPhone or in your iCloud account (more on that in the next section).
Here’s how to create and use folders:
Tap the Notes app to open it.
At the notes list, tap the arrow in the top left corner.
On the Folders screen, tap New Folder
Select where the new folder will live, on your phone or in iCloud.
Give the folder a name and tap Save to create the folder.
To move a note to a new folder:
Go to the notes list and tap Edit.
Tap the note or notes you want to move to that folder.
Tap Move to
Tap the folder.
Sync Notes Using iCloud
Notes used to only exist on the iPhone, but it’s available on the iPad and Mac, too. The good news about this is that since those devices can sync content with your iCloud account, you can create a note anywhere and have it appear on all of your devices.