There’s no doubt about it: running a business takes a lot of time and energy. With so many responsibilities on your plate, it’s essential to simplify your workload as much as possible. Feel like you need some extra support?
Streamline your business and simplify operations by integrating effective tech tools. When you update your business software, you’ll spend less time ironing out technical details and more time completing essential projects.
Here are a few easy ways to update your business processes right away!
#1: Note-Taking Tools
Keep your projects organized and stay on top of meetings with a note-taking tool. Create to-do lists, jot down ideas, and set reminders, all within one easy-to-use platform.
Want to share ideas with your team? Note-taking software provides access to notes across multiple devices, so it’s easy to share comments with your team. This way, you won’t need to rummage through your notebooks to find the right page.
#2: Project Management Software
If you’re facilitating group projects online, it’s essential to clearly delegate tasks and organize schedules. When you’re working remotely, it’s surprisingly easy to mix up responsibilities! Project management software allows you to consolidate project information, so everyone is on the same page.
- Manage Employee Responsibilities – Clearly assign tasks to your employees and clarify expectations. This way, you won’t need to worry about cross-departmental confusion or incomplete work.
- Schedule Deadlines – Create a schedule for project milestones and deadlines so it’s easier to stay on track and monitor progress.
- Communicate Updates – When you’re working on a big project, things are bound to change over time. Communicate updates to your team from a central location.
#3: Accounting Software
A well-run business is a result of well-organized finances. Accounting tools simplify financial responsibilities and streamline monthly payments, so you can focus on the big picture.
Automate Payments – Certain expenses (like rent and paychecks) are consistent and don’t require reevaluation each month. For these payments, accounting software simplifies your to-do list by facilitating automatic transfers.
- Archive Invoices and Pay Stubs – Need to reference a document for your taxes? When you switch to an accounting tool, all the information you need is at your fingertips. Accounting software eliminates the need for physical copies of invoices and receipts, so you don’t need to spend time rifling through papers.
- Access Tax Information – With services like tax software hosting, you can view your year-end information from any device, any time.
#4: Email Marketing Software
Now that the vast majority of business happens online, it’s necessary to find effective ways to engage with your clients. While word-of-mouth marketing is generally ideal for spreading information about your product or service, in-person conversations just aren’t realistic nowadays.
Email marketing is a fantastic strategy to engage with clients in a personal way.
Email marketing services allow you to craft content ahead of time and schedule email blasts in advance. Additionally, you can view analytics and engagement, so you understand which emails perform best with your customer base.
#5: Video Conferencing Tools
Since working from home is the new normal, it’s important to facilitate frequent communication with your employees. Without the convenience of a daily in-person meeting, video conferencing tools are your new best friend.
Need to provide feedback to your team? Schedule meetings and share call information instantly, so your team can log on, no matter where they are. For larger meetings, many video conference services offer a “chat” feature, which allows employees to post questions or concerns without interrupting the flow.
New Tools for the New Year
As we approach the new year, there’s no better time to get your business on track. Incorporating tools to improve your business processes will streamline your tasks, so you and your team members can deliver the best product possible to your customers.
With centralized project management, advanced accounting services, and easy-to-use video conferencing tools, “business as usual” just got a whole lot easier!