Many organizations make a common mistake in believing that mobile proxies are niche tools, but they are very wrong. Since the world has gone through a digital transformation where almost all web traffic went mobile, businesses are increasingly becoming aware of the ever-increasing importance of a mobile proxy.
Proxies can be used for both business and personal needs, and they provide quite a few benefits to the user. While proxies aren’t anything new, a mobile proxy type is relatively new in the world of online business. So, let’s get into the details and see how mobile proxies can benefit your business.
What Exactly Is a Web Proxy?
A web proxy or a proxy server is an intermediary between the user and the internet. It acts as a gateway between you and the real server on the web. When you request to see a certain website, you send your request, and the proxy receives it.
It routs your request through its server on your behalf and allows you to see the requested content without disclosing your location or IP address. Mobile proxies are similar to web proxies – only they are designed to operate on mobile devices.
Mobile proxies are portable devices, such as tablets and smartphones, that use mobile data to access the web. Businesses and individuals use a mobile proxy when they want to browse the internet privately and anonymously simply because these proxies allow them to establish a connection with the internet without exposing their real IPs, thus allowing them to surf the web anonymously.
Mobile proxies are always authentic, which means they represent real devices used by real people. Because of that, they are hard to detect or block. They provide users with real IPs, rendering them almost completely undetectable to any of the measures websites use to prevent third parties from scraping their data.
How Are Mobile Proxies Different?
Essentially, proxies exist to allow users to scrape data from the most reputable websites for their own personal and professional reasons. Since these websites aren’t too keen to enable these users to achieve their goals, they employ different and various security measures to prevent the users from scraping data.
The owners of these websites are doing everything in their power to prevent any undesirable users from getting their hands on the most valuable data. If the user is detected, they are simply blocked. A proxy is meant to help the user prevent detection and bypass the block.
Mobile proxies differ from other proxies because they assign dynamic IPs to the users. They also update those IPs every 2 minutes, making them almost impossible to detect. Thanks to this, websites aren’t able to effectively determine whether a person or a bot is trying to access the data.
Since no website wants to risk blocking potential visitors, dynamic IPs work like a charm. Mobile proxies use NAT technology to deliver the same IP to an array of users, which is why they are so hard to detect.
Business Benefits of Using a Mobile Proxy
Using mobile proxies provides businesses with a wide range of benefits. The most common benefits include:
- Ad verification – prevents third parties from tracking the user’s location and IP and provides protection from fraudulent activity.
- Price comparison – mobile proxies allow businesses to get actual and fair price data.
- Access to accurate and relevant data – with mobile proxies, no website can hide data from you. Proxies help you bypass geo-restrictions and unlock blocked content.
- Increased safety of sensitive data – mobile proxies prevent any third parties from monitoring your behavior online, ensuring your content, device’s location and identity remain safe.
- Cookies blocking – mobile proxies block cookies from getting to you, thus preventing any spying eyes from finding out what content you have accessed.
- Cybercrime protection – hackers are lurking on the internet more than ever, trying to get their hands on sensitive data to sell. Mobile proxies prevent them from reaching your data by hiding your IP.
- Content aggregation – mobile proxies can sort and filter content, helping you keep your content up to date and relevant.
- Faster connection – mobile proxies use a fast cache storage system, thus enabling the fastest connection possible.
- Market research – mobile proxies consistently and continuously gather data to help businesses get ahead of the competition curve.
- Web crawling/scraping – mobile proxies use dynamic IPs, which makes them a perfect solution for web crawling and scraping.
Free vs. Paid Mobile Proxies
Both free and paid mobile proxies offer a range of advantages to the users. Free mobile proxies are free, partially anonymous, and can be used by anyone. However, you can’t expect the advanced level of service and protection without spending a dime.
Free proxies aren’t very good at providing protection, and they lack proper encryption. In other words, using free proxies can cause more trouble than solved. On the other hand, paid proxies offer a full range of features, ensuring maximum anonymity, security, protection, speed, reliability, and total absence of annoying popups and ads.
These are the main reasons businesses choose paid mobile proxies for big data scraping, mining, research, customer data security and protection, product development, and price comparison.
If you truly understand the purposes of mobile proxies, they can be incredibly beneficial and useful tools in the right hands.
Aside from allowing businesses to access restricted content undetected and get their hands on valuable data, mobile proxies keep organizations safe from cyber threats while guaranteeing complete anonymity. It’s one of the main reasons why businesses rely on mobile proxies whenever they browse the web.