Sometimes it’s a need of time to block people so they can’t contact you on the cell phone and there is a proper procedure to block text messages. It does no sound as simple as it seems because block text messages vary from phone to phone and carrier to carrier. There can be multiple reasons as to why one would wish to block text messages from someone it could be that you are tired of receiving prank calls and prank messages or you may have had a fight with someone and do not want to hear from them.
To make things easy for you, this article outlines how to block text messages on smart phones and carrier. The procedure is as follows.
- Android devices such as Google, Samsung, HTC, and etc
- Specific carriers including AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, and Verizon.
Block Text Messages on the Android Platform
Block text messages in Android depends on the phone and carrier you’re using. In addition, mobile carriers often have proper apps on their networks. Your specific process will depend on which phone you’re using and whether the carrier app is active but the good news is that we have described you the easiest procedures that you can follow to block text messages on Android and the iOS operating platforms.
Block Text Messages on the HTC, Huawei, Samsung Devices!
Most of the Android phones use the default Messages app for Android ti be able to send text messages. If you haven’t downloaded Android Messages from the Play Store and set it as your new default messaging app and then if there is a need to block text messages from any of your contacts then you can easily follow the simple procedure described below for your ease:
- The first thing you need to do is of course open the app for the Messages on your Android smart phone
- Now click on the icon for three dots present at the top right of your screen display.
- Then you need to tap on the button for Settings.
- Once Settings open up, simply choose the button for Block numbers and messages.
- Here you must tap on the option for Block numbers.
- Now you simply need to enter the number you wish to block in the text bar. You can also select Inbox to block conversations from your Messages inbox or Contacts to block people from your contacts list.
- And you are done! Now you will not be receiving any messages from the contact you have just blocked
How to Block Text Messages on iPhone
If you wish to know all the tips, tricks and procedures to be able to Block Text messages on iPhone then you should know that there are four methods to block messages on iPhone. Here are the exact steps that you need to follow and to know what to do using the iMessages platform to be able to block text messages here:
- First thing you need to do is open up the app for the iMessages on your iPhone device.
- Then you need to find and click on on the message you wish to block.
- Simply click on the available icon present at the top right of your screen. Note: This applies to the iPhone 8 and iPhone X using version 10.3.3 and up. On older iPhones using an earlier operating system, the i icon may read out as “Details” but is still located at the top right corner of the display
- Now in the section for the Details screen, tap on the arrow to the right of the contact to go further ahead.
- Then simply press on the button which says Block this Caller.
- Now click the button for Block Contact in the confirmation screen that pops up next
- And then you have successfully blocked Text Messages on iPhone.
Block Spam Text Messages on Specific Carriers
If none of the above options work for you, your mobile carrier overrode the default (iOS or Android) system settings with their own app to block texts and calls and you are practically confused as what to do next then you need to use the below mentioned steps to block contacts on specific carriers. Example of this include AT&T and T-Mobile services.
T-Mobile uses the Android and the iOS text message blocking options described above. All you have to do is follow the above described steps for Android or iOS in the exact same sequence as mentioned.
The following is the easiest and the quickest way that you can adopt to be able to block Text Messages on the AT&T phones
- Simply forward all your messages to the folder for SPAM
- Then click and keep holding the message that you wish to forward ahead.
- Now you need to tap on the option that says Report as spam.
- The hit the button which says OK.
- You’ll receive a response asking for the sender’s phone number. Enter the correct phone number and simply hit the button for send.