There are plenty of applications out there. If you were to collect all of them under one device, you would really run out of space with the first 50! While most of these applications are made by various software and app building firms, some come along with the devices you purchase. For example, if you purchase and Android supporting phone you automatically receive Facebook, Gmail, Hangouts, Google Docs and so on. The versions of these applications that are supported by iOS will be made available to you when you purchase and use iPhones, iPads and MacBook. However, the Apple Store has applications that are exclusive for iOS users only. One such very popular application is FaceTime. This application is a default app that comes with all Apple devices that you purchase. However, FaceTime has not been made available for Windows and Android devices. This is the reason why many of us Android users are deprived of the exclusive features that come with FaceTime! But we might have a clever way up our sleeves that will allow you to access FaceTime on Windows PC. Just read ahead and find out!
For those of us who do not know what FaceTime is, this application is a product of Apple store. Many of us have not had the chance to access an Apple device to get familiar with FaceTime- iOS’ essential application for communication. FaceTime contains a completely integrated video and audio chatting service that is exclusively operated by Apple Inc. This application only requires an Apple ID and with one touch you are able to connect with people in your contact list who have an account with FaceTime as well. Now, if most of your friends have Apple devices and you are the only one with Android or Windows, you might just feel left behind. Then you might just want to get this application running on your device already. Because video calls and voice calls with FaceTime are absolutely free! Your video and voice quality is guaranteed to be high definition even if your loved ones are far away from you!
Before we begin teaching you how to get FaceTime on your Windows 8 and Windows 10 PC you should know that you can access the following features:
- You do not need a special account. All you need is an Apple ID. So if you have not had the chance to create one, go to Apple’s app store and create one.
- This download procedure of FaceTime for Windows PC will not cost you any amount.
- With FaceTime, you can have clear and free of hassle conversations with your FaceTime friends.
- You can use your front and back camera as well!
- This application is easy to install, access and navigate!
- You can even have video call conferences; A feature not available with many similar applications!
Before you begin installing FaceTime on your Windows PC you should have supporting specifications for this application to work smoothly. Your device must be compatible and check the following boxes:
- Your Windows PC should at least have a version of Windows XP, Windows 8, Windows 9 and above, or Windows Vista.
- Your device should have a RAM worth 2GB at least.
- Your CPU’s core should be at least 1Ghz and above.
- If you have built in speakers and microphones, that is good enough. Otherwise you will need external set to be able to communicate.
- Your device should have a webcam otherwise you will be unable to access video calls.
- If you want high definition and faster service, make sure your internet connection is above 512 kbps!
How do I get FaceTime on Windows PC now?
In order to access FaceTime on Windows PC you have two Emulators that you can work with. If one does not suit your purpose, work through the other one and you should be good to go! Still, both of these emulators are recommended and with any of these, your FaceTime will be running in no time at all.
You can either use the Ipadian emulator or you can avail the BlueStacks Android emulator. These two emulators allow you to access both Android and iOS applications on your Windows PC. So, with these two methods you can access any application other than FaceTime on Windows PC! Because when you install these emulators in your Windows PC, they essentially begin to set up an environment that is a copy of your mobile’s environment. With these emulators, you can open the door to Google Play store and Apple App store.
Just to be on the safe side, you can go ahead and download both of these emulators on your PC. Do not worry, they will not clash with each other. Neither will they introduce any viruses on your PC. Trying them both will not cost you a penny. Both these emulators and the applications you can access with them are completely free of charges!
Install FaceTime on Windows PC with Ipadian Emulator!
You can get going with your FaceTime experience with option number one: Ipadian iOS emulator. Just follow the mentioned steps one by one and you will have FaceTIme installed in you on Windows PC in any time under 10 minutes:
- Firstly, you will be required to open your device’s browser and search for Ipadian iOS emulator. If you already know the website, you can just type that in the URL bar of your device and you will be good to go.
- Once the file is downloaded, you will right click on the installation set up file and begin installing it.
- When the Ipadian Emulator is installed properly, you will launch it.
- Once it is launched, look for the search bar. In the search bar you will type FaceTime and click on the first app from the list.
- Before you are able to do anything, however, you must note that without an Apple ID none of this will be possible. Because you will be asked to log in with it. If you do not have an Apple ID then, make one now!
- Now all you need to do is download the FaceTime application. Once you agree with the terms and conditions, the application will begin downloading and installing itself automatically.
- Please note that the speed of your downloads will depend on your internet’s speed. If it is downloading slowly, that is not an error. That just means that your connection is working slowly.
- The application, after being installed, will be available in your Application or start menu.
- Launch FaceTime on Windows PC and provide your Apple ID so that it lets you access the functions of FaceTime immediately.
That is all you need to do really. You will be able to make video calls, chat, send instant messages, make voice calls and what not. If you are worried about an Apple ID, know that it is completely free of cost. None of this is going to take away your hard earned money. It is only going to turn joy your way!
Install FaceTime on Windows PC with BlueStacks Android Emulator!
Now the second option that you can opt for is the BlueStacks Android Emulator. This is another mobile application emulator that is immensely popular among people who like to access all applications that are available in this world! This emulator is more commonly used and the set up requires a little work.
- In order to set up BlueStacks Android Emulator on your device, you will visit your device’s web browser and search for BlueStacks. Open the first official link and click on “download” to get the latest version of BlueStacks.
- When this application is downloaded you will click on the set up file to install it.
- The installation will not take long. Just agree with the terms and conditions and you will be good to go!
- Once this is installed, you will find the BlueStacks shortcut on your PC and launch it.
- When it opens, locate the search bar at the top right corner. In the search bar, you will type “FaceTime’ and hit the enter key.
- You are required to install the APK file of FaceTime.
- You are also required to have a Google Play account in order to function with BlueStacks. If you do not already have one, you must sign up for one immediately.
- All you need for installing FaceTime in your device now is agree with the terms and conditions when you click on “Install”.
From here on, FaceTime will take a few seconds to download and install in your PC. Once it does, you will be ready you use its complete functions without a compromise! All you need to work with FaceTime is an Apple ID now. If you do not have one, you can simply go to Apple.com and make one up.
You do not have to stay behind every conversation now. If your friends have the convenience of using FaceTime with each other, you can join them too. All you need to do is follow any of the two ways to get FaceTime on Windows PC!