New York, the city that never sleeps, is the city which has its photos taken and shared, thousands of times in a day. Whether they are a New Yorker themselves or a traveler, or a recruit, they would want to share their New York moments for sure! With the social apps and sites like Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook, etc., anyone would want their friends, followers and family to see what they are seeing and enjoying. So, for your special New York moments, you would want good New York captions as well. Good captions compliment photos, so try to never miss out on writing good captions.
Luckily, you do not have to worry much about the making up captions part as we have tried to help you by writing down some New York captions for you. Maybe you can write better than these by deriving ideas from our New York captions. So, let’s see what we have for the Big Apple City!
If You Are a Traveler
If you are traveling, then why not share your travel moments with the world? These captions below are for travelers, they can absolutely be your New York captions as well. Take a look at some of these captions for travelers and take pride in sharing them for your New York trip!
- A different kind of escape.
- Adventures are the best way to learn.
- Catch flights, not feelings.
- Live like a local.
- Never lose your sense of wonder.
- Paradise found.
- The sky’s the limit?
- Turn “no” into “hell yeah.”
- Wander lust and city dust.
- Not homesick yet.
- It helps you find your true home.
- Explore the beauty of the world, life is too short to not admire the wonders of this earth.
- Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.
- We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.
- Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.
- The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page.
- Traveling tends to magnify all human emotions.
- People don’t take trips, trips take people.
- One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.
- Take only memories, leave only footprints.
Use Popular New York Sentiments
Why not use something which is already very popular? The people who see your photos and read your New York captions will also be familiar with what you decided to set as a caption for your photos. Here are some famous New York sentiments by some very famous people.
- “All great art is born of the metropolis.” – Ezra Pound
- “City life is millions of people being lonesome together.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “Give me such shows – give me the streets of Manhattan.” – Walt Whitman
- “Give my regards to Broadway,” – George M. Cohan
- “I love New York City – it’s the loudest city on the face of the Earth. – Lewis Black
- “I’m in love with cities I’ve never been to and people I’ve never met.” – Melody Truong
- “If you can make it there – you’ll make it anywhere.” – Frank Sinatra
- “It’ll be a great place if they ever finish it.” – O. Henry
- “New York is not a city – it’s a world.” – Iman (fashion icon)
- “Skyscraper National Park.” – Kurt Vonnegut
- “There is something in the New York air that makes sleep useless.” – Simone Beauvoir
- “These lights will inspire you.” – Alicia Keys
- “Welcome to New York – it’s been waiting for you.” – Taylor Swift
- “Cities, like cats, will reveal themselves at night.” – Rupert Brooke
- “I would give the greatest sunset in the world for one site of New York’s skyline.” – Ayn Rand
- “New York is an exciting city where something is happening all the time – most unsolved.” – Johnny Carson
- “Once you have lived in New York and made it your home, no place else is good enough.” – John Steinbeck
- “One belongs to New York instantly.” – Tom Wolfe
- “The glamour of it all! New York! America!” – Charlie Chaplin
Use Song Lyrics Based on New York City
Everyone listens to songs, and there are many famous songs based on New York city, which can be turned into your New York captions. Here are a few lyrics about New York which may interest you.
- “There’s nothing you can’t do, now you’re in New York! These streets will make you feel brand new.” By Alicia Keys and Jay-Z from Empire State of Mind
- “New York, I love you but you’re bringing me down. Like a rat in a cage. Pulling minimum wage.” By LCD Soundsystem from New York, I Love You But You’re Bringing Me Down
- “Autumn in New York, why does it seem so inviting? Autumn in New York, it spells the thrill of first-nighting.” By Billie Holiday from Autumn In New York
City of Dreams, You Know That It Is
Many people go to New York with big dreams, some dreams do come true, because New York is a place where people get chances at what they really want to do and become. So, here are a few New York captions which will encourage people to go to New York or live there like you.
- A New York minute.
- I fell in love. His name is New York.
- I left my heart in New York City.
- I want to live as many lives are there are in New York City.
- It’s a beautiful day in the neighborhood.
- Make sure your path runs through New York.
- Meet me in New York.
- New York is always a good idea.
- New York: Tolerant of your beliefs – judgmental of your shoes.
- Once upon a time in New York.
- When in New York…
Simply Use The Quotes By People Written
If you wish to share what people have been sharing for years, as their New York captions, perhaps, famous quotes from people or authors or celebrities, here are some of those quotes.
- “One belongs to New York instantly, one belongs to it as much in five minutes as in five years.” ― Tom Wolfe
- “Yet, as only New Yorkers know, if you can get through the twilight, you’ll live through the night.” ― Dorothy Parker
- “If London is a watercolor, New York is an oil painting.” ― Peter Shaffer
- “A middle finger is more New York than a corporate ambush. I bleed for my hometown, and I’d die for my fans.” ― Lady Gaga
- “The true New Yorker secretly believes that people living anywhere else have to be, in some sense, kidding.” ― John Updike
- “I would give the greatest sunset in the world for one sight of New York’s skyline. Particularly when one can’t see the details. Just the shapes.” ― Ayn Rand
- “Let them come to New York, stand on the shore of the Hudson, look and kneel. When I see the city from my window – no, I don’t feel how small I am – but I feel that if a war came to threaten this, I would throw myself into space, over the city, and protect these buildings with my body.” ― Ayn Rand
- “New York is an ugly city, a dirty city. Its climate is a scandal, its politics are used to frighten children, its traffic is madness, its competition is murderous.
- “But there is one thing about it – once you have lived in New York and it has become your home, no place else is good enough.” ― John Steinbeck
- “I love New York, even though it isn’t mine, the way something has to be, a tree or a street or a house, something, anyway, that belongs to me because I belong to it.” ― Truman Capote
- “The city seen from the Queensborough Bridge is always the city seen for the first time, in its first wild promise of all the mystery and the beauty in the world.” ― F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “I love New York. You can pop out of the Underworld in Central Park, hail a taxi, head down Fifth Avenue with a giant hellhound loping behind you, and nobody even looks at you funny.” ― Rick Riordan
- “Don’t you love New York in the fall? It makes me want to buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address.” ― Nora Ephron