Snapchat introduced a whole new Pandora box in the face of social networking with its real time 24hour diminishing stories which instantly became a success among people and surfaced as one of the top most used apps. Snapchat has been making its hacks or tricks as difficult as possible however still a bit of loopy secrets and hidden features here and there in the recent update are awesomely cool to explore.
One of the sneak peeks we want to do on Snapchat is take a screenshot of those juicy stories to share with your friends or may be to see in detail what the picture entails by zooming in on your screen but this comes with a big “but” that screenshots on Snapchat alarms the user through a dingy dangy instant notification! However, the new update has a hidden feature which allows you to take a screenshot without notifying the user.
In addition to this some text configurations that aren’t presented openly by Snapchat you can now Shazam within Snapchat with all those cool stickers.
Lets first talk a bit about the New features, Tricks and Snapchat Hacks
Making Custom Stickers
One of the most exciting features that the latest update on Snapchat has to offer are definitely those customized stickers on which you can add a touch of your own personality. If you have a creative moment or a mood to display for which no emoji is available try out this new feature and is available on the versions of Snapchat of 9.4 and above!
Another cool new feature which is built-in will let you proceed and recognize a song that is present from within the Snapchat video uploaded by any of your contacts. It is so much better than getting a Shazam downloaded plus installed on your device on your phone. Let’s say you open up the snap story of your friend and really want to dig into that music playing in it you are listening to music that you want to know about simply go on and keep holding on the screen and Shazam will work in the background.
Turn on travel mode to save data
Anyone who is obsessed with Snapchat must be familiar with the fact that the app simply hogs on the battery however this app has a built in feature that would save up on your data through its travel mode.
When this feature is enabled, the feature inhibits snaps and stories from loading automatically. Simply the users can manually choose the story they want to load or see. All you have to do is go to the settings in the app and locate “Additional Services” menu, then choose “Manage” to control to check for when the travel mode is enabled.
Now if you think that the above features and tricks are cool then dear fellows you haven’t heard the last of it! You can indeed screenshot without the person knowing by following a few simply steps. It is basically not a feature but in fact a trick that you need to get used to without even having the trouble of jailbreaking.
How to Screenshot on Snapchat without them knowing?
So keep a hold on your excitement and do a few test runs of this process before actually taking a screen shot of that snap story because if your first attempt fails then you don’t want to end up explaining your action to the person. Now follow these:
- Go to the Snapchat app installed on your phone however DONOT play the snap story yet. Just wait the trick lies here.
- Keep waiting for a few seconds until you make sure everything has been successfully loaded meaning the snap story is loaded!
- Then open up the Control Center on your iPhone or the settings on an Android phone and switch ON the Airplane Mode. This is extremely crucial as it will disable all your connections with the servers of Snapchat and you will be able to take a screenshot without alarming the user.
- Now go back to Snapchat and play the snap story. Take a screenshot while your device is on Airplane mode. You may also replay the snap and the person will never even know that you viewed their snap story in the first place let alone did take a screenshot.
- Now keep holding your power button while you are on the app of Snapchat.
- When the slider button for Power Off appears you need to press and hold the main Home button. Hold it for a good 4-5 seconds and this will force the app of Snapchat to crash on your iPhone.
- Now you should go to the Snapchat app once more time and this time you may turn off the airplane mode.
You will see that the snap story is still unopened and will be seen as same on the sender’s phone as well. However if you still see your snap opened on your phone, just refresh your Snapchat app by swiping down and it must now show the snap story being opened for that snap.