To send video through email, make sure the file isn’t too long and have long duration. The email company has limited the size of files attached to email messages, and your friends may not be able to receive large video files.
How to send Large Video Files
When your video file is too large to send as an attachment to an email message, you have a couple of options to send a video through email.
- Use a compression app to compress the video file and make it smaller. File compression apps put the original file in a ZIP file. When you email a ZIP file, your recipient will need to unzip the file to extract and view it.
- Upload large video files to cloud storage. When videos are stored in the cloud, you’ll add a link to the video in your email message. Your recipient selects the link and is taken to the file, but everything stays in the cloud.
How to Email a Video Using Outlook and OneDrive
Outlook.com has given a size limit of 20 MB to send a video through email. If you have a business account, the file size limit is 10 MB. When your video is smaller than the file size limit, attach the file to the email message.
When sending large video files with Outlook, save the video file to OneDrive and send a link to the file that anyone can view.
To email large videos using Outlook and OneDrive here are the steps.
Go to the Microsoft Office website and sign in with your Microsoft, School, or Work account.
Select One Drive. One Drive opens in a separate browser window and displays your folders and files.
Select the folder where you want to upload the file.
Select Upload > Files.
Go to the folder containing the video, select the file, and then select Open. The file uploads and a notification appears when the upload is finished.
Select Share Link.
Enter the message text, and then select Send.
Select Outlook to open a new message window containing a sharable link. Select Copy Link to copy the shareable link to the Clipboard and paste it into any document.
You and your recipient will receive an email with a link to the video. The link enables your recipient to play and download the video.
How to Send Videos with Gmail
Gmail has given a size limit of 25 MB. When your video is smaller than 25 MB, attach the file to the email message. When you want to share a video file larger than 25 MB, save the file to Google Drive and send recipients a link to the file. Your recipients select the link to view the video.
- To send a Google Drive link to a video in a Gmail message:
- Go to Gmail and sign in with your Google account.
- Select Compose to open a new message window.
- Select the Recipient of the email, add a Subject, and type your message.
- Select the Google Drive icon.
- Select the Upload tab to save a video file from your computer to Google Drive.
- Choose Select files from your computer.
- If the video is already saved in Google Drive, select My Drive, choose the file, then select Drive link.
- Choose the video file and select Open to close the dialog box.
- Select Upload and wait while the file is saved to Google Drive.
- When the upload is finished, the video appears as a link in the email message.
- Select Send. You’ll be asked if you want to turn on link sharing.
- Select Send to give anyone with the link access to view the file.
- The email message is sent to your recipient.
- When the recipient selects the link in the email, the video opens in Google Drive.
In addition to viewing the video, recipients can add the video to their Google Drive, download the file, and embed the video in a web page. If your recipient has a Google account, they can also make comments and share it with others.
How to Send a Video through Email Using Yahoo
Yahoo! Mail has a message size limit of 25 MB. When your video is smaller than 25 MB, attach the file to the email message. To send videos over 25 MB, save the file to a cloud storage service such as Google Drive, Dropbox, or OneDrive.
When you create an email message in Yahoo! Mail, select the attachment option to share files from cloud providers. Yahoo! Mail inserts a link to the file on your cloud account. Anyone with the link can view the video; when you’re done sharing the file, go to your cloud account and turn off sharing.